The Hide is a Zimbabwe Safari Lodge with a difference, a comfortable, tented safari camp inside the majestic surroundings of the Hwange National Park
. Hwange is a haven for wildlife and one of Africa's premier game parks.
The Hide is an experience that combines the best game viewing in Zimbabwe with a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.
It's a combination that seems to work - and one that has earned us the vote for "Best Safari Camp in Zimbabwe" more often than any other camp in the country.
In addition to this, our professional guides will take you on a game drive through the national park, where you will come face to face with lions, elephants and giraffes, amongst a host of other game.
The Hide has earned a reputation over the years for its fine cuisine. Meals are a friendly and relaxed affair, with guests and their hosts all sitting down together to chat and eat around a grand teak table.
And there is nothing like a herd of elephant wandering down to drink to make a meal even more memorable.Children Policy:
- No children under 10 years unless in a group taking over the whole lodge or by prior arrangement.Facts & Facilities
The hub of the camp is a majestic “A” frame which houses the dining room and sun lounge downstairs and a large comfortable lounge and viewing area upstairs.
• Early morning tea/coffee is delivered to your tent.
• Breakfast is served al fresco.
• Lunch and dinner are served around a magnificent 22 seater teak dining table.
• Swimming pool
• Landline telephone service available at reception (if elephants have not pushed the telephone poles over!!)
• Daily laundry service (weather permitting).
• Check in is 12h00 and check out is 11h00
• Powered by mains electricity (220 volts)
• One room is accessible for guests with disabilities
• No children under 10 years unless in a group taking over the whole lodge.Accommodation at The Hide - Hwange National Park
Accommodation is in 10 large East African style luxury tents under thatch, all overlooking the main waterhole.
Each tent has its own en-suite bathroom, consisting of bath, outside/inside shower, hand basin and flush toilet along with a small teak dressing table and most importantly, piping hot water at night and in the mornings.
All tents have been mosquito proofed and have fans. The spacious bedroom areas are very tastefully furnished with solid Zimbabwe teak furniture and each are individually decorated.
There 6 Deluxe tents, 2 Deluxe Honeymoon tents and 2 Family tents
The Hide - Hwange National Park Activities:
Activities/excursions offered are: morning and afternoon guided walks, Morning and afternoon game drives, night drives with a spotlight, ‘hide sits’ around pans, bush breakfasts. An overnight sleep-over in the “Dove’s Nest” tree house (max 2 people) can be arranged.
Game Drives and Bush Walks
Situated beside a waterhole, the camp is truly a paradise for game viewing. A wide variety of game can be seen in the camp's immediate vicinity, and this often includes elephant, lion and rhino.
Concealed hides near the waterholes allow guests the unique experience of viewing game safely from extremely close quarters.
We also offer excursions into the Park with our experienced professional guides, giving you the opportunity to view even more game!
Decide on a game drive in one of our comfortable vehicles or perhaps an informative bush walk. The exciting night drives are also not to be missed!
The Hide - Hwange National Park Map: